Many people underestimate the amount of vegan/plant-based options out there. But in fact, most places have adjusted their menus to accommodate customers with this dietary restriction. So what do I look for when I glance at a restaurant’s menu? Or what do I keep on hand for a snack? Here are a few of my go-to choices:
- Salads (duh) – pair any garden or superfood salad with oil & vinegar or citrus dressing and you are good to go
- Cheerios – the good kind of carbs
- Ezekial Bread – sprouted grain topped with nut butter is a perfect match
- FRUIT – I eat a crazy amount of fruit since I am a HCLF vegan, so I always have it on hand
- Vegetables – colorful, delicious, and insanely good for you: what more can you ask for?
- Green Tea – this girl needs her caffeine
- Veggie Burgers – don’t be afraid to try this one — topped with onions, lettuce, and tomatoes — it is absolutely delicious
- Sweet Potato Fries – just try it
- Oreos – because everyone has a weak moment which calls for junk food
Many of the substantial foods that I eat are calorie dilute, so the best part about this lifestyle is that I can eat…ALL THE TIME. If you are interested in this, here are my simplest pieces of advice: drink plenty of water, get a B12 and Iron supplement, don’t skip out on your favorite junk food (many are vegan!), and just keep eating. This lifestyle change is easier (and yummier) than you think.